Saturday 7 August 2010

The first post!












Hi y'all,

Molly and Loo have been on at me to set up a blog so that we can share the experiences of our new life in New Zealand with all of our family and friends.





We will all be contributing (if I am allowed anywhere near my Mac!), but this first post is mine, all mine! I have added in some photos I took in NZ when I went out for my job interview.

It is 08:22 Saturday morning and we are flying to NZ (pronounced Inzid) Tuesday evening. The house is empty and it's contents are hopefully making their way across the ocean as we speak. Loo's car is still for sale, I've just out it on EBay and Pistonheads at a reduced price.





We have had a truly traumatic couple of weeks and I am sure the next few days will be even more so. But as good old Friedrich Nietzsche said "That which does not kill us makes us stronger" (I admit, I had to google to find who said it)







The most popular question we have been asked is.......

WHY?

In Wales we had a beautiful house, the best neighbours, friends and family, jobs we enjoyed and we have chosen to leave it all behind- why?


Quite simply, we have been here for nearly 7 years (that's 3 times longer than anywhere else we have been), we wanted an adventure and to try a different way of living.

Oh, OK, I admit it, we are having a midlife crisis!



We had a fantastic leaving bash last weekend and I have posted a small selection of the photos at the top of the blog. The full set are on Facebook.

I think I can hear the girls stirring in their pits, so I'll end now.

Hopefully Loo and Molly will put their first posts later.



E noho ra,

Kevin.







No comments:

Post a Comment